Top Causes for unstable internet connection:
Solution: Move you and your device to a location with a stronger signal. Connecting from inside an elevator, parking garage or basement or sitting far away from the WiFi access point will result in an unstable internet connection.
Your network can get slow when too many devices are using it at the same time. Some devices use more data or run more often than others. This can cause delays in sending and receiving data, like traffic jams on a busy road.
First, do what you can for your own device:
- Minimize unnecessary bandwidth usage, turn off unused programs on the computer
- If possible, connect your streaming device using Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- Move to a location as close to the WiFI access point as possible to ensure the connection is strong
Secondly, you can try these to steps to maximize your access to the network:
- If possible, plan your streaming for non-peak hours, so other users on the network are not battling for resources
- If your router supports Quality of Service, enable it to prioritize traffic from your streaming devices over other devices on your network.
- Upgrade your router to make sure it has the latest updates to its firmware and drivers. Visit the website of the manufacturer of your router for instructions.