What is a Pop-up Banner?
Pop-ups encourage customers to RSVP to your live event, and can help increase attendance. Pop-up banners will present to customers as the graphic chosen for your next upcoming live event. They will appear when customers' mouse exits the window on desktop or after 15 seconds on mobile.
Tip: assess the effectiveness of pop-up banners with RSVP attribution data which can be accessed in the analytics dashboard for a specific event.
Setting up a Pop-up Banner
To utilize pop-ups, you must be a Shopify store.
In the left sidebar, navigate to Events > Pop-up
If you don't already have the Pop-up enabled, you will see a preview of what the Pop-up will look like along with a button to enable Pop-up.
Pop Up Specifics:
- Only events that are upcoming in the next 7 days will be shown.
- If there are multiple eligible upcoming events, our machine learning algorithm decides which event to show based on likelihood of higher conversion.
- Pop-ups are exit intent and time based on desktop.
- For example: When users are about to navigate away from the screen, the pop-up will show. If the website visitor doesn’t navigate from the screen for 15 seconds, the pop-up will appear.
- Pop-ups are time-based on mobile.
- For example: The pop-up appears 15 seconds after the visitor has been on the site
- Website visitors see a pop-up once every 24 hours across desktop and mobile.
- Website visitors do not see pop-ups for events they have already RSVP'd to.
- Applicable pop-ups will appear on all pages of the website except the events page, login/sign-up pages, and checkout pages.
Disabling the Pop-up
To Disable the Pop-up, click the 'Disable Pop-up' Button.